- ½ cup baking soda
- ¼ cup organic cornstarch
- ¼ cup epsom salts
- ¼ teaspoon Decorative Food Colors from Nature (color of choice) or other natural powdered food coloring
- 2 ½ teaspoons jojoba oil (or castor oil, almond oil or melted coconut oil)
- ½ teaspoon water
- ½ teaspoon essential oil of your choice (lemon, grapefruit, lavender, etc.)
- ¼ cup citric acid
- In a medium size bowl, combine the baking soda, cornstarch, epsom salts, and food coloring. Whisk to blend.
- In a small glass jar combine the jojoba oil, water and essential oil. Place the lid on the jar and shake well. Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients in the bowl. It should be the consistency of slightly wet, crumbly beach sand. It should stick together and you should be able to form a small ball with it. If it seems too dry you can add a few drops more of the jojoba oil, just enough to achieve the right consistency.
- Add the citric acid, working it in quickly.
- Using a bath bomb mold, scoop up a generous amount of the bath bomb mixture and press the two halves of the mold together.
- Press the two halves together firmly, then lightly tap the mold to release it.
- Place the finished bath bomb on a plastic tray lined with parchment paper.
Equipment: Bath bomb mold