- 2 parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 5 carrots, scrubbed really well and/or peeled
- 1 bunch scallions
- 20 ounces chopped butternut squash (or 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut up)
- 13.66 ounce can coconut milk
- Vegetable broth to cover the vegetables, or about 5 cups
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
Equipment: Immersion blender or regular blender
- Place the squash in a soup pot. Chop the parsnips, then the carrots and add both of them to the pot. (Remove any bad spots.) Remove the white bottoms from the scallions. Chop them up and add to the pot. Reserve the green part for garnish. Add the coconut milk to the pot. Then add the vegetable broth, making sure it covers the vegetables. Use more or less to just cover them.
- Place the pot over medium high heat. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to simmer on low, covered, for 25 minutes or until all vegetables are fork-tender.
- Chop the green part of the scallions to use for a soup garnish.
- Add about 1 teaspoon of sea salt to the soup. Blend the cooked soup by using the immersion blender to blend right in the pot. OR, carefully transfer the cooked soup to a blender and carefully blend until smooth.